Friday, July 8, 2016
Tuesday, July 5, 2016
It's been some time since the last Lab::Measurement blog post; we are at Lab::Measurement version 3.511 by now. Here are the most important changes since 3.31:
- One big addition "under the hood", which is still in flux, was a generic input/output framework for status and error messages.
- The device cache code has seen updates and bugfixes.
- Agilent multimeter drivers have been cleaned up and rewritten.
- Minimal support has been added for the Agilent E8362A network analyzer.
- The Oxford Instruments IPS driver has been sprinkled with consistency checks and debug output, the ITC driver has seen bugfixes.
- Controlling an Oxford Instruments Triton system is work in progress.
- The Stanford Research SR830 lock-in now supports using the auxiliary inputs as "multimeters" and the auxiliary outputs as voltage sources.
- Support for the Keithley 2400 multimeter, the Lakeshore 224 temperature monitor, and the Rohde&Schwarz SMB100A rf-source has been added.
- Work on generic SCPI parsing utilities has started.
- Sweeps can now also vary pulse length and pulse repetition rate; the "time sweep" has been enhanced.
- Test routines (both with instruments attached and software-only) are work in progress.
- Support for VXI_SERVANT ressources has been removed; these are NI-specific and not available in 64bit VISA.
- The documentation, especially on compiling and installing on recent Windows installations, has been improved. No need for Visual Studio and similar giga-downloads anymore!
- Compiling on both 32bit and 64bit Windows 10 should now work without manual modifications in the Makefile.pl.